Last Updated: March 8, 2018
We collect personal information because it’s key to trust
Markets can’t operate without trust.
You have the right to know who you are buying from or selling to,
that the person on the others side is who they say they are,
that they represent the organization they say they do,
and that organization is what it appears to be.
That’s the main reason why we need to collect personal information.
Privacy is another side of trust
We recognize that by giving us information about yourself or your company, you are trusting that we will use it appropriately. If you think or suspect we have done something that doesn’t feel right to you, please tell us right away by emailing email@example.com so we can find out what’s true and then deal with it.
For certain Services, when DMI collects information about a user (that is, PI), it may only be related to that user’s role at his or her company, and is not related to him/her as an individual consumer. Individual users of the Services (whether employees of the Buyer or Seller organizations) collectively and individually may be referred to as “you” and “your” throughout this document.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We collect several types of information on our Site including PI, which is information that can be used to identify you individually, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing information. We also collect anonymous information, which is information that is not associated with or linked to your PI and which, by itself, does not permit the identification of individual persons, including, for example, site visits and page views. The information we collect depends on what Services you use on our Site.
Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect PI from you, such as your first and last name, email address and password for the Site, phone numbers, company name, title, work and home address and contact information for other members of your company when you create an account on our Site (“Account”).
- When you post certain content on our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users of the Site may be able to see it, along with any other information that you choose to make public through your profile (“Profile”).
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional PI.
- When you post messages through the Services and/or comment on content available through the Site, the information contained in your posting and/or comment will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
- We may collect additional PI to validate your identity, such as your date of birth, place of birth or taxpayer identification number. We may request documents to verify this information, such as a copy of your government-issued identification or photo, and we may authenticate it against third party databases.
- We may collect samples of the Data you submit to the Services.
- We also collect other types of PI that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
- We may collect information regarding and in connection with the purchase by a Buyer of a Seller’s Data (a “Transaction”), including, but not limited to, the Seller’s applicable terms and conditions and communications between Buyers and Sellers.
- If you participate in a contest, sweepstakes or other promotion, we will collect any data you provide in connection with that promotion.
- We may collect information you provide to us in connection with a dispute regarding a Transaction.
- We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Services.
- We may also collect PI at other points in our Site that state that PI is being collected.
Information Collected via Technology.
Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
Log Files. We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files, including IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, pages visited on our site, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to improve the content of the Site, market research purposes, to communicate information to visitors and to better tailor our Services to our users’ needs.
Cookies. We may log information using “Cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users, but are embedded invisibly in Web pages.
Information Collected from You About Others. If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account, we will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party’s names and e-mail addresses as required above. You or the third party may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the removal of this information from our database.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Provide the service to you, such as to:
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide and deliver products and services you request;
- operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services;
- facilitate Transactions and resolve disputes between users;
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network; and
- process and deliver orders, whether through WePay (as described below) or otherwise.
- Communicate with you, such as to:
- send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- inform you about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
- process and deliver promotions, contest entries and rewards; and
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service.
- Understand your needs, such as to:
- link or combine user information with other PI we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- develop and improve marketing and advertising for the Services and partner services.
- Secure the marketplace, such as to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
We store and process PI in the United States. We may also create anonymous and/or deidentified information from your PI by excluding information (such as your name) and other elements that, when combined, makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous information to enhance the content of our Services and improve the Site. We reserve the right to use anonymous information for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
User Testimonials and Feedback. We may receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We may publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our users by their first and last name. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting his or her name along with the testimonial. We may post user feedback on the Site from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and one other relevant piece of information (e.g. industry or title). If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting you name with your feedback.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you share information about others, we suggest you get consent for any information you may share about them.
Information We Share. We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction. In addition, we may disclose PI that we collect or you provide:
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, or with your consent;
- to third parties designated by you;
- with our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- in connection with facilitating a Transaction and resolving a dispute between users;
- with contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business;
- with third parties to help process and deliver orders;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about users is among the assets transferred; and
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request; to enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and/or if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of DMI, our customers or others.
Public Profile. Certain portions of the information you provide to us may also be displayed in your Profile. You can see which elements of your Profile are public or private and may adjust these settings. Content you post to the Site may be displayed on the Site depending on whether the item is shown as “draft” or “published” and the location of the posting. Once publicly displayed, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put PI in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Services, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about PI to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and review, update, correct, or delete your PI. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
Information Security. We are committed to protecting the security of your PI. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your PI from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do not currently support technology to actively integrate “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable consumers to opt out of tracking on our Site; however, users may email us directly to be removed from any tracking.
A Note about Children. We do not intentionally gather PI from users who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits PI to DMI and we learn that the PI is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any PI from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.